Your tongue has the power to set the direction of your day. And if we’re not careful it can set the direction of our weeks and months to discouragements and frustrations. A proverb said that
“The tongue holds the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” Proverbs 18:21
Your speech has the power to control your emotion and even the actions that comes with it. That’s the reason why when we hear bad news from the media we get affected by it and eventually the whole day gets defined by the news we get and vice versa. I believe God has given us the ability to speak encouraging words that comes from the Bible to empower our day and give a boost of encouragement for your work. Here are my personal declarations that I say to myself every single day.
- I am a new creation. This is like the Gospel to me in a nutshell. It reminds me that I am forgiven and renewed. Empowered to do His will and be excellent in my workplace.
- I am loved and accepted. This brings security in my heart. It reminds me that God is already proud of me and he is pleased with me even when I just woke up.
- I have a great purpose today. This declaration reminds me that I am involved in a very huge endeavor in the world and God is my director. It reminds me that there is more to life than my complains and petty issues.
- I am an overcomer. For a natural shy type person that I am, this one really enables me to see and do things differently. My nature would dictates that I won’t communicate, deal with people and preach. This declaration reminds me that His grace is made perfect for my weakness and in Christ I can do all things.
- God is in charge and in control. At the end of the day, when all the work has been done, God is in charge and in control of the outcome. It removes the anxiety and worry of the results and gives me hope that God is in control of everything.
For me, it is best to declare this at the start of your day. It can give you a great sense of hope and can strengthen your faith as you go through your day. It’s like preaching to yourself in 1 minute.
What have you been telling yourself recently? How has it been affecting you lately?