Pride is one of the most difficult issues to see because it hides in many different forms. Insecurities, fears and self-dependence are just
some of the manifestations of it. Pride can wound relationships, teams and families. In my life, I have seen the bad effects of pride in my relationships and even at work. As I observed myself and this dilemma of detecting pride, I somehow found at least 9 indicators that you and I might have issues of pride in your life. Early detection can prevent further destruction.
1. You are easily irritated by the simple mistakes of other people.
2. You laugh or enjoy the failures of others.
3. You are not comfortable talking about your weaknesses.
4. You love talking about your own accomplishments.
5. Its easier for you to do it by yourself than to delegate the task.
6. You don’t have accountability partners. These are people who knows your life.
7. You are usually defensive when people confronts you.
8. You seldom acknowledge someone’s idea, you think your idea is better than the other.
9. You are easily discouraged when no one appreciates your work.
I listed them down because these are evident in my life as God continually change my heart. I believe God can change a man’s heart as he surrenders himself to Him.
What “Pride Indicators” would you add to this list? Share your thoughts!